Glendale Farm is a short hiking trail near Littleton, Colorado, that offers a seventeen-acre off-leash dog park. This makes for a great after-work trail run or a leisurely hike when the sun is setting over the mountains and the day is cooling down. Explore the full trail profile below for all the details: hiking trails, trail map, and detailed directions to the trailhead.
|Hike Distance||1.6 mile|
|Duration||Approx 45 min|
|Dogs||Allowed On Leash|
|Hike Trail Map||Click for a Map of Glendale Farm Trail – Douglas County Open Space|
|Denver Drive Time||35 min|
|Driving Directions to Glendale Farm Trail – Douglas County Open Space||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Littleton, Colorado|
|Beauty||Grassland, Front Range views, Cherry Creek, wildlife: pronghorn antelope, rattlesnakes, prairie dogs, deer, rabbits, scrub jays, & spotted towhees|
|Activities||Picnic areas, horseback riding, mountain biking, adjacent dog park|
Tips & Resources for Hiking Glendale Farm Trail – Douglas County Open Space :
- An off-leash dog area: Located southwest of the main trailhead is a 17-acre parcel designated park that is fenced-in, and the only area where dogs are allowed off-leash.
- Watch your step: Prickly pear cacti grow along the trail and there are rattlesnakes present in the area.
- Trail Map for Glendale Farm Open Space: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Crowfoot Valley Coffee
- Rules: For the most up-to-date rules and info in Douglas County dog parks, see this brochure.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions