|Hike Distance||3 miles Round Trip|
|Duration||Approx 2.5 hrs+ Round Trip|
|Trail Type||Out and Back|
|Seasons||Spring through Fall|
|Dogs||Allowed On Leash|
|Hike Trail Map||Click for a Map of Golden Gate State Park|
|Denver Drive Time||55 min|
|Driving Directions to Forgotten Valley Hike at Golden Gate State Park||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Golden, Colorado|
|Beauty||Pond, old homestead ruins, wildlife: mule deer, golden eagle, Abert’s squirrel, Steller’s jay|
|Activities||Hiking trails, fishing, backcountry camping, visitors center|
|Park Fee Required||Click For Info|
Tips & Resources for Hiking Forgotten Valley Hike at Golden Gate State Park :
- TIP: Pick up a Trail Map at the Golden Gate Canyon State Park Visitors Center.
- TIP: Parking at the Bridge Trailhead is very limited, so go early.
- TIP: There are some great options on this hike. Grab a Trails Illustrated Boulder/Golden Map and hike to the top of nearby Windy Peak or hike the entire Mountain Lion Trail Loop.
- Trail Map for Golden Gate Canyon State Park: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Windy Saddle Cafe
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions