|Hike Distance||1 mile Loop + 0.4 mile spur|
|Trail Type||Loop with Spur|
|Dogs||Allowed on Leash|
|Hike Trail Map||Click for a Map of Red Rocks & Anemone Trail|
|Denver Drive Time||45 min|
|Directions||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Boulder, Colorado|
|Beauty||Red Rock Formations|
|Activities||Picnic area, no bikes, hiking trails, rock climbing|
The trails of Red Rocks at Settlers Park in Boulder interconnect to form more of a labyrinth than a straightforward hike. But there is a way around all that—literally. Pull up the Boulder Open Space & Parks Map and follow the outer perimeter trail to form an approximately 1 mile loop around the sandstone red rock formations that jut out of the ground in the center of the park.
Tips & Resources for Hiking the Red Rocks Trail at Settlers Park :
- This trail is not to be confused with Red Rocks in Denver. If you are interested in hiking at Red Rocks in Denver, you can access a trail profile for the Trading Post Trail here.
- Getting There: You can access Boulder’s Red Rocks Trails from either the Centennial Trailhead or Settlers Park Trailhead parking areas.
- For information on rock climbing the rock formations in Settlers Park see the Mountain Project’s page.
- Trail Map for Settlers Park Boulder: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Ozo Coffee
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions