|Hike Distance||2.4 to 4.8 miles Round Trip|
|Difficulty||Easy to Moderate|
|Duration||Approx 1 hr to 2.5 hr Round Trip|
|Trail Type||Loops and Out & Back|
|Dogs||Allowed On Leash|
|Hike Trail Map||Click for a Map of Meyer Ranch Open Space Hikes|
|Denver Drive Time||30 min|
|Driving Directions to Meyer Ranch Open Space Hikes||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Conifer, Colorado|
|Beauty||Meadows, overlooks, wildflowers, wildlife: deer & elk|
|Activities||Picnic area, hiking trails, mountain biking|
1. Lodgepole Loop: 2.4 miles – Easy – Take the Owl’s Perch Trail South and continue straight (left) down the trail, at the next junction go right and continue on the Lodgepole loop for 1.2 miles until you arrive back at the Owl’s Perch trail and take (left ) that back to the parking lot.
2. Sunny Aspen Trail Loop: 3 Miles – Moderate – Take the Owl’s Perch Trail South and continue straight (left) down the trail, at the next junction go right and continue on the Lodgepole loop, go .6 miles and take a right onto the Sunny Aspen Trail, continue on the Sunny Aspen Trail for .8 miles until it joins again with the Lodgepole Loop (go right), follow this back to the Owl’s Perch trail and back to the parking lot.
3. Old Ski Run Trail 4.8 Miles – Moderate – Take the Owl’s Perch Trail South and continue straight (left) down the trail, at the next junction go left again for .2 mile until you find your next junction, go left onto the Sunny Aspen Trail taking that for .5 mile until you reach the junction with the Old Ski Run Trail. The Ski Run trail is an out & back trail with a loop at the end. The Ski Run section is 2 miles out and back (including loop). Return the way you came via the Sunny Aspen Trail.
Tips & Resources for Hiking Meyer Ranch Open Space Hikes :
- Picnic areas: There are picnic areas close to the trailhead as you go along Owl’s Perch Trail.
- TIP: Initially you will hear noise from the road below. This will fade as you hike further into the park.
- Trail Map for Meyer Ranch Open Space: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Aspen Perk Cafe
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions