Trail Snapshot: Willow Creek Trail at Roxborough State Park
- Hike Distance: 1.4 mile Round Trip
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: Approx 1hr Round Trip
- Trail Type: Loop
- Seasons: All Year
- Dogs: Not Allowed in Roxborough State Park
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of Willow Creek Trail at Roxborough State Park
- Denver Drive Time: 45 min
- Driving Directions to Willow Creek Trail at Roxborough State Park: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Littleton, Colorado
- Beauty: Red rock formations, meadows, wildlife: mule deer, eagles, foxes, birds
- Activities: Hiking, birdwatching, Visitors’ Center
- Fee: Entrance Fee or State Parks Pass Required
On our first visit, we brought our dog and had to turn the car around. Roxborough State Park has quite a bit of wildlife and sensitive plant life, so pets are not allowed. Mountain biking and camping are also not permitted.
This would be in our top 5 for visiting family and friends because this Douglas County hike stays at a lower elevation, is easy, and offers awe inspiring views. This is one of our favorite places to visit in the mornings.
Tips & Resources for Hiking Willow Creek Trail at Roxborough State Park :
- To get the best views of wildlife: Go when there is less traffic: Evenings, Mornings, and Weekdays.
- TIP: There is a picnic area with tables just outside the Visitors’ Center.
- TIP: Be on the lookout for poison ivy along the sides of the trail. Know how to identify it, so that you can avoid it. But don’t let that deter you from the park. You just need to keep an eye out. See our post on how to identify and treat poison ivy.
- Trail Map for Roxborough State Park: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Enchanted Grounds Coffee Shop
- Roxborough State Park Brochure
- Roxborough State Park Site
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions