Trail Snapshot: Bear Creek Trail at Lair O’ the Bear
- Hike Distance: 1.6 Miles
- Denver Drive Time: 30min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: 1hr 15min
- Activities: Hiking, Birdwatching, Mountain Biking, Fly Fishing, Picnics
- Dogs: Allowed on Leash
- Directions: Click for Google Map
- Trail Type: Out & Back
- Seasons: All Season
- Beauty: Bear Creek, Meadows, Wildlife: Beaver, American Dippers aka Water Ouzel
Tips & Resources for Hiking at Lair o’ the Bear :
- Bikes: There are some hiker only trail segments, but most are open to mountain bikes – and there are A LOT of them, especially on the weekends. So, just hike aware and let your kids know that bikes may be zipping by.
- Picnic: Take a picnic lunch or dinner. There are some great picnic areas along the river at Lair o’ the Bear.
- Birding: This is a great place to teach your kids (or yourself) some tree and bird identification. The riparian ecosystem is pretty diverse at Lair o’ the Bear.
- Trail Map for Lair o’ the Bear Park: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Ice Cream @ The Blue Cow
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions