|Hike Distance||1.8 mile Round Trip|
|Duration||Approx 1hr+ Round Trip|
|Dogs||Prohibited in the Refuge|
|Hike Trail Map||Click for a Trail Map|
|Denver Drive Time||30 min|
|Driving Directions to Lakes Loop Trail at Rocky Mountain Arsenal||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Commerce City, Colorado|
|Beauty||Grassland, Front Range views, lakes wildlife: wild bison, deer, coyotes, bald eagles and burrowing owls|
|Activities||Hiking trails, wildlife viewing, seasonal fishing|
Tips & Resources for Hiking Lakes Loop Trail at Rocky Mountain Arsenal :
- TIP: Hiking and site seeing are open 7 days a week. However, the visitors center is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, and pets are prohibited (makes sense – it’s a wildlife refuge).
- TIP: Trolley Tours are available on the weekends. Check out this tours link or call 303/289-0250.
- Trail Map for Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Butcher Block Cafe
- Photo: We would like to express our gratitude to Ray Fetherman for sharing such a beautiful photograph of this hike.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions