Trail Snapshot: Arthur’s Rock Trail in Lory State Park
- Hike Distance: 1.7 miles (3.4 mi RT)
- Difficulty: Medium
- Duration: Approx 1hr 15min Round Trip
- Trail Type: Out & Back
- Starting Elevation: 5600′
- Elevation Gain: +1180′
- Seasons: Spring to Fall
- Dogs: Allowed On Leash
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of Arthur’s Rock Trail in Lory State Park
- Denver Drive Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Driving Directions to Arthur’s Rock Trail in Lory State Park: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Fort Collins, Colorado
- Beauty: Views of Horsetooth Lake, views of the Front Range, forests, and meadows, wildlife: elk, bobcat, and many bird species
- Activities: Hiker only trail, but park offers picnic areas, horseback riding, mountain biking, canoeing, & kayaking
Tips & Resources for Hiking Arthur’s Rock Trail in Lory State Park :
- TIP: There is a visitor’s center near the Lory State Park entrance.
- TIP: At the summit of Arthur’s Rock, there is a beautiful view of Horsetooth Reservoir and the Front Range available.
- Trail Map: Arthur’s Rock Trail in Lory State Park
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: The Colorado Room
- Photo: We would like to express our gratitude to Luci Westphal for sharing a great photo of her hike to Arthur’s Rock at Lory State Park. Check out her video from this hike.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions