|Hike Distance||4 Trails: .5 mile to 3.5 miles (one way)|
|Difficulty||Easy to Moderate|
|Trail Type||Out and Back|
|Seasons||Spring, Summer, Fall|
|Dogs||Allowed on Leash|
|Hike Trail Map||Click Here for a Map of Eldorado Canyon State Park|
|Denver Drive Time||45 min|
|Directions||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Eldorado Springs, Colorado|
|Beauty||Canyon, Cascades, Cliff Swallows, Cliff-Top Views, Geologic Features|
|Activities||Picnic Areas, Horseback Riding, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Fishing|
|Video||Click For Video|
|Fee||Link to Fees Page|
Fishing at Eldorado Canyon State Park could potentially yield you fish that are eight inches to an average about eight inches to about twenty inches long. For a more detailed guide on fishing here, check out the one at Colorado Parks and Wildlife here.
There is no camping at Eldorado Canyon State Park, although there are nearby areas to do so.
4 Trail Options in Eldorado Canyon State Park
#1 – The Streamside Trail is the shortest (.5 mile one way) and follows close to the sides of the creek and canyon walls. >
#2 – The Fowler Trail takes you .7 miles (one way) and provides great views of the canyon.  >
#3 – The Rattlesnake Gulch Trail is more difficult, traveling 1.4 miles up to the ruins of the Crags Hotel that burned to in 1912. Another trail goes from the hotel another .8 mile loop and features a view of Colorado’s continental divide.  >
#4 – The Eldorado Canyon Trail is the longest, 3.5 miles (one way), eventually intersecting with the Walker Ranch Loop Trail.
Tips & Resources for Hiking Eldorado State Park :
- Go On a Weekday: Eldorado Canyon is a climbing mecca and can reach capacity on the weekends.
- Picnic: There is a great picnic area at the back of Eldorado Canyon, so pack a lunch or dinner for after the hike.
- Driving Note: Take care in driving through the town of Eldorado Springs, there are many bikers, pedestrians, and pot holes!
- After the Hike: Ozo Coffee in Boulder, Colorado
- Trail Map for Eldorado Canyon State Park: Trail Map Link
- Climbing in Eldorado Canyon
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions