Trail Snapshot: Red Rocks Trail at Settlers Park
- Hike Distance: 1 mile Loop +.4 mile spur
- Denver Drive Time: 45 min
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: 45 min
- Activities: Picnic Area, No Bikes, Hiking Trails, Rock Climbing
- Dogs: Allowed on Leash
- Directions: Click for Google Map
- Trail Type: Loop with Spur
- Seasons: All Year
- Beauty: Red Rock Formations
- Elevation Gain: 300′
- Trail Map Link for Red Rocks & Anemone Trail: Click Here
- Town Nearest Hike: Boulder, Colorado
The trails of Red Rocks at Settlers Park in Boulder interconnect to form more of a labyrinth than a straightforward hike. But there is a way around all that—literally. Pull up the Boulder Open Space & Parks Map and follow the outer perimeter trail to form an approximately 1 mile loop around the sandstone red rock formations that jut out of the ground in the center of the park.
Tips & Resources for Hiking the Red Rocks Trail at Settlers Park :
- This trail is not to be confused with Red Rocks in Denver. If you are interested in hiking at Red Rocks in Denver, you can access a trail profile for the Trading Post Trail here.
- Getting There: You can access Boulder’s Red Rocks Trails from either the Centennial Trailhead or Settlers Park Trailhead parking areas.
- For information on rock climbing the rock formations in Settlers Park see the Mountain Project’s page.
- Map: Settlers Park Boulder Trail Map
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Ozo Coffee
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions