Trail Snapshot: Lakes Loop Trail at Rocky Mountain Arsenal
- Hike Distance: 1.7 mile Round Trip
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: Approx 1hr+ Round Trip
- Trail Type: Loop
- Seasons: All
- Dogs: Prohibited in the Refuge
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Trail Map
- Denver Drive Time: 30 min
- Driving Directions to Lakes Loop Trail at Rocky Mountain Arsenal: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Commerce City, Colorado
- Beauty: Grassland, Front Range views, lakes wildlife: wild bison, deer, coyotes, bald eagles and burrowing owls.
- Activities: Hiking trails, wildlife viewing, seasonal fishing
Tips & Resources for Hiking Lakes Loop Trail at Rocky Mountain Arsenal :
- TIP: Hiking and site seeing are open 7 days a week. However, the visitors center is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, and pets are prohibited (makes sense – it’s a wildlife refuge).
- TIP: Trolley Tours are available on the weekends. Check out this tours link or call 303/289-0250.
- Trail Map for Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Butcher Block Cafe
- Photo: We would like to express our gratitude to Ray Fetherman for sharing such a beautiful photograph of this hike.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions