Trail Snapshot: Forgotten Valley Hike at Golden Gate State Park
- Hike Distance: 3 miles (RT)
- Difficulty: Medium
- Duration: Approx 2.5 hrs+ Round Trip
- Trail Type: Out & Back
- Seasons: Spring to Fall
- Dogs: Allowed On Leash
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of Golden Gate State Park
- Denver Drive Time: 55 min
- Driving Directions to Forgotten Valley Hike at Golden Gate State Park: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Golden, Colorado
- Beauty: Pond, old homestead ruins, wildlife: mule deer, golden eagle, Abert’s squirrel, Steller’s jay
- Activities: Hiking trails, fishing, backcountry camping, visitors center
- Park Fee Required: Click For Info
Tips & Resources for Hiking Forgotten Valley Hike at Golden Gate State Park :
- TIP: Pick up a Trail Map at the Golden Gate Canyon State Park Visitors Center.
- TIP: Parking at the Bridge Trailhead is very limited, so go early.
- TIP: There are some great options on this hike. Grab a Trails Illustrated Boulder/Golden Map and hike to the top of nearby Windy Peak or hike the entire Mountain Lion Trail Loop.
- Trail Map for Golden Gate Canyon State Park: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Windy Saddle Cafe
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions