Trail Snapshot: Elk Meadow Park – South Loop
- Hike Distance: 2.6 miles Round Trip
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: Approx 1.5hr Round Trip
- Trail Type: Loop
- Seasons: All
- Dogs: Allowed On Leash
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of Elk Meadow Park – South Loop
- Denver Drive Time: 35 min
- Driving Directions to Elk Meadow Park – South Loop: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Evergreen, Colorado
- Beauty: Meadows, old barn, ponderosa pine, wildlife: elk, & Abert’s squirrel
- Activities: Hiking, dog park nearby
There is an off-leash dog area just on the other side of the street from the south parking lot (not visible on this older google map, so you’ll have to trust us that it’s there). If you like to hike with your dog, this is a great place to stop before you hike. Here is a link to the Jefferson County info page on the off-leash area. Dogs are required to be leashed in all other areas of the park.
Tips & Resources for Hiking Elk Meadow Park – South Loop :
- TIP: The Easy way. Take the loop clockwise for the easier route and counter-clockwise if you are looking for a more strenuous (but not much) hike.
- TIP: Enjoy some time in Evergreen. The town of Evergreen is a great place to retreat to during the summer. It’s a few degrees cooler, Bear Creek runs through town, and you’ll find some great places to eat.
- Trail Map: Elk Meadow Park – South Loop
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Beau Jo’s Pizza
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions