This paved trail meanders along Plum Creek in Castle Rock, Colorado. Though it winds through developed areas, the Plum Creek trail has some surprises: towering cottonwoods, pines, and the seasonal sounds of Plum Creek. Be sure to explore snapshot and full hiking profile below to get the details on parking, trail map, and hike options.
Trail Snapshot: East Plum Creek Trail in Castle Rock
- Hike Distance: 6 miles of trail
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: Approx 30 min to 4hrs
- Trail Type: Out & Back
- Seasons: All
- Dogs: Allowed On Leash
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of East Plum Creek Trail in Castle Rock
- Denver Drive Time: 35 min
- Driving Directions to East Plum Creek Trail in Castle Rock: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Castle Rock, Colorado
- Beauty: Cottonwoods, meadows, wetlands, wildlife: Preble’s meadow jumping mouse, beavers, migratory birds
- Activities: Hiking, running, biking, birdwatching
Tips & Resources for Hiking East Plum Creek Trail in Castle Rock :
- TIP: One can take a close-up look at the unique wetland habitat along the East Plum Creek and lower Sellars Gulch, which are great locations to go bird watching.
- TIP: Parking is available at the Meadows Parkway. There are additional parking areas at Festival Park and along South Perry Street.
- Trail Map for East Plum Creek Trail: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Crowfoot Valley Coffee
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions