Jefferson County seems to turn to gold about every park they touch here in Colorado. Crown Hill Lake Park is a prime example. It’s an oasis in the midst of the busy city of Denver. The park has beautiful views of the Front Range mountains, including the Flatirons down in Boulder.
Trail Snapshot: Crown Hill Lake Trails
- Hike Distance: 1.2 miles+
- Difficulty: Easy
- Duration: Approx 45mins+
- Trail Type: Loop
- Seasons: All
- Dogs: Allowed on Leash in Most Areas
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of Crown Hill Lake Trails
- Denver Drive Time: 17 min
- Driving Directions to Crown Hill Lake Trails: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Lakewood, Colorado
- Beauty: Lake, wildlife sanctuary, Front Range views, wildlife: ducks, geese
- Activities: Horseback riding, cycling, fishing, hiking, picnic areas
Hikes at Crown Hill Park:
- Loop Trail – 1.2miles – goes around the lakeside
- Perimeter Trail – 2 miles – goes around the edge of the park
- Nature Preserve Trail / Wildlife Sanctuary Trail – .7 mile – Hiker Only and ADA accessible trail
- Link to Crown Hill Lake Map
Tips & Resources for Hiking Crown Hill Lake Trails :
- TIP: It’s a busy park, so try earlier and later in the day.
- TIP: The wildlife preserve is hiker only. No dogs in this area.
- TIP: There is a lot of multi-use traffic on the trails, so be alert and yield when appropriate.
- Trail Map: Crown Hill Lake Trails
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Danny’s Carnation Restaurant
- Photo: We would like to express our gratitude to Kasey Cline for sharing such an amazing photograph of this hike.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions