Trail Snapshot: Bridal Veil Falls in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Hike Distance: 6.6 Miles RT
- Denver Drive Time: 1hr 45min
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 4hr
- Activities: Horseback Riding, Hiking Trails
- Dogs: Not Allowed in Park
- Directions: Click for Google Map
- Trail Type: Out & Back
- Seasons: Year Round
- Beauty: Waterfall, Meadows, Forest, Creek, Wildlife: Elk, Deer, Birds
- RMNP Map Link: Click Here
- Town Nearest Hike: Estes Park, Colorado
Bridal Veil Falls is a gem tucked away in the northern reaches of Rocky Mountain National Park. This hike is about 1hr 45 minutes from the Denver area and features expansive meadows, wildflowers, forest, and a little bit of a rock scramble. Bridal Veil Falls launches from a rock slab at a diagonal, making it a beautiful site. Most visitors to the National Park go to the center of the park, so you may find yourself alone on the trail on a weekday. I wouldn’t expect that on the weekend though.
Thanks to Catherine Kunst for the photos on this profile. You can read Catherine’s trip report at her site here.
Tips & Resources for Hiking Bridal Veil Falls:
- A Great View: Cross the stream then work your way up the area just left of the falls to the stream above. It’s beautiful above the falls, just take care not to turn it into a rock climb. Remember that Water + Rock = Slippery.
- Parking is a Limited: It’s just a small area along the road near the ranch. You’ll need to parallel park. Also, get their early for a space.
- Not Much Shade: Bring the sunscreen. You’ll be in the sun a lot along Cow Creek Trail.
- RMNP Park Map: Trail Map Link
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: After the Hike: Poppy’s Pizza
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions