Trail Snapshot: Alderfer and Three Sisters Park
- Hike Distance: 18 Trails: .2 to 10+ Miles
- Difficulty: Easy (but consider altitude)
- Duration: 15min – 1.5hrs
- Trail Type: Loops, Out & Back
- Starting Elevation: approx. 6500′
- Elevation Gain: 0 to approx. +950′, depending on the trail
- Seasons: All
- Dogs: Allowed On Leash
- Hike Trail Map: Click for a Map of Alderfer and Three Sisters Park
- Denver Drive Time: 40 min
- Driving Directions to Alderfer and Three Sisters Park: Click for Google Map
- Town Nearest Hike: Evergreen, Colorado
- Beauty: rock formations, vistas, meadows, ponderosa pine, views of the Continental Divide, Stellar Jays and Coopers hawks
- Activities: Hiking, climbing, family picnics, mountain biking
Alderfer and Three Sisters Park has everything from short, pleasant strolls for the family to more strenuous climbs and a long loop hike.
Some Hike Options at Alderfer and Three Sisters Park
A Short Family Like: The Wild Iris Loop (.6 mile loop) is a tame stroll through mountain meadows and can be easily accessed from the west parking lot.
Two hikes that are more strenuous will take hikers to summit views: Evergreen Mountain East Trail, and the Sisters Trail. The Sisters trail may be the most difficult and most enjoyable in the park. The trail takes you up through three, unusual rock outcroppings and to views down into the quaint town of Evergreen.
A 10+ mile loop hike can be created by hiking the trails that follow the outer rim of the park. Because the park has so many trails, it’s advisable to download the Alderfer Three Sisters Park Map (see link in the above trail snapshot). There are so many options that you’ll find it easy to create a hike custom to your visit.
Tips & Resources for Hiking Alderfer and Three Sisters Park :
- TIP: Trail List for 3 Sisters – JeffCo Parks
- TIP: Take a hike to the Brother for a great panoramic view and a place to take pictures.
- Trail Map: Alderfer and Three Sisters Park
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: Pizza at Beau Jo’s in Evergreen
- Photo: We would like to express our gratitude to Peter Lyons for sharing such an amazing photograph of this hike.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions