|Hike Distance||0.6 mile Round Trip|
|Duration||Approx 30 min Round Trip|
|Trail Type||Out and Back|
|Dogs||Prohibited in Rocky Mountain National Park|
|Hike Trail Map||Click for a Trail Map|
|Denver Drive Time||2 hr 15 min|
|Driving Directions to Adams Falls, Colorado||Click for Google Map|
|Town Nearest Hike||Grand Lake, Colorado|
|Beauty||Waterfall, East Inlet Creek|
|Activities||Hiking, picnicking, photography|
The hike to Adams Falls is perfect for families with young children who may not be able to hike as far. As with all streams and waterfalls, have children exercise caution. Rocks are slippery and the hydraulic force of the creek can be incredibly powerful. About 1/4 mile beyond Adams Falls, there are spectacular views of the East Meadows, making the short distance a worth addition to this easy waterfall hike.
Tips & Resources for Hiking to Adams Falls, Grand Lake, CO
- Wear Good Footwear: The trail has a lot of rocks and roots, so be sure to have shoes or boots that can handle slick surfaces.
- Explore More: Hike about a quarter mile past the falls to where the meadows open up and East Inlet creek meanders through the tall grass. It’s an amazing sight.
- Trail Map for Rocky Mountain National Park: Trail Map
- Packing List: Always pack the 10 Essentials. Download our Hiking Guide to get list and dayhiking packing checklist.
- Colorado Road Conditions: Colorado Road Conditions
- After the Hike: The Hub Coffee
- Photo: We would like to express our gratitude to Kimon Berlin for sharing such an amazing photograph of this hike.
Map & Driving Directions
Click for Driving Directions